Earn an Engineering Master of Science or PhD with Construction Engineering and Management.
Purdue's Lyles School of Civil Engineering offers specializations in Construction Engineering and Management at both the master's and doctoral levels.
You can make a greater impact and solve the most complex infrastructure challenges with a graduate degree.
Qualified applicants seeking advanced engineering degrees in the construction area must enroll through Purdue's Lyles School of Civil Engineering—which offers specializations in Construction and Engineering Management at both the master's and doctoral levels.
Construction management courses emphasize management of the total construction process, which begins with the initial planning for a new facility and ends when the completed facility has been delivered to its new owner.
- Applicants must hold a bachelor's degree in engineering.
- Graduate students studying under CEM professors must consider the dual technical and managerial responsibilities of professionals in the construction industry.
- Construction engineering courses deal with specialized technical areas such as construction scheduling, virtual simulation, and the utilization of construction equipment.
- A major emphasis is placed on rational thought processes as well as modern decision-making techniques.
- Interdisciplinary concepts are also stressed as areas of responsibility for CEM professionals extend beyond technical aspects to include the management of fiscal responsibilities and human resources.